There once was this 'spirit' of kind, and he was very kind, and one of a kind, too. The first time I met him, he had decided to share a brief time with me, and in his physical self, too.
And he placed himself to LA, up in the hills, in Beverly Hills.
And the adress where he stayed was Tower Grove Drive 1704, I think.
And that was in 1989, so, please, forgive me if memory eludes me.
On my arrival there, Pat bade me to a dinner.
This was in July, 1989, and the season was, for soft shell crab.
And so, we ate soft shell crab and both of us did so.
And, we ate steak too, medium to rare, I think.
And we drank wine to the food. Red wine, of what kind I do not remember.
But, guesswork would be a Bourgogne.
This, as Pat had a 'thing' for elegance.
But, would not a Bordeaux be the proper choice?
Well, if You ordered gasoline to that filet, Pat would share that with You, too.
But if You had the kindness of asking him what he did prefer, my guess is the choice would be Bourgogne.
The lightness of this wine suits him so well. Yes, that must have been Bourgogne, the wine that we had.
Afterwords we had coffee, cognac, and - both of us - a Havanna.
The dinner started at roughly 10 pm, and we were done at around 1 am, the following day.
And then we wen't to bed.
The next day, I met up with Pat at Drexel, at 7 a.m.
Pat was already there, and had been there since, I think, 5 a.m.
GOD tells me Pat made his training a bit shorter this morning, giving
his daily physical exercise only 30 minutes, instead of the standard 1 hour.
And, Pat was in excellent mood and superb condition.
And I was less so, but did 'OK'.
And Pat was 59 then, and I was 35.
Later, I came to realize that Pat did not smoke. Neither did he drink alcohol, nor did he eat meat. Life is like a game of chess Pat told me, between myself and death. And, I know that to be a game that I will not win. But, before that, I aim to give death a hell of a match!
And, I guess, this is one of the reasons why he kept himself so 'clean'.
And that evening before he drank wine and cognac, and he ate meat, and it was him that recommended the cigars, afterwords.
Why did he do that?
And why did he share exactly that same menu, that I ordered?
You tell me.
Your laughter is in my ears right now, Pat. You are with me in my mind, my very, very, very good Friend.
Love!
L
(which is short for a hell of a lot of things, and among these 'Lars')
p.s. Pat was the one that pointed me to Glenn Goulds Goldberg Variations, by Bach. And so I place something that seem fitting that, and Pat and me.
I look very much forward to, later, sharing part two with You my Friend!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikbQ4lThJGo
Yes, one more, thank You.
Memory loves You!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=CGB1uqKKj-c#at=49
d.s.
No comments:
Post a Comment